How to Make Green Tea & Basil Lemonade
We've chosen to cold brew the tea for this one so you'll have to plan ahead, but rest assured it is well worth the wait - the slower infusion draws out more of the tea's floral notes & natural sweetness. Add a touch of elderflower and some peppery basil and you’ve got yourself a wonderfully refreshing twist on a sunny day lemonade.
What you need (per drink)
150ml cold-brewed Jade Tips tea (see brewing guide below)
25ml Elderflower Cordial (up to 30ml, to taste)
15ml lemon juice
Basil leaves to garnish
We recommend cold-brewing your tea for this one.
- Infuse 3 heaped teaspoons of Jade Tips tea leaves or 3 tea bags in 500ml cold, filtered water (we highly recommend using one of these beautiful bottles, but any clean, lidded bottle will work)
- Leave to infuse overnight in the fridge (10-15 hours)
- Strain the leaves or tea bags
- Prepare your glass with ice & basil leaves
- Add your cold brewed tea, lemon juice and elderflower to a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake for 10 seconds, then strain into the prepared glass.