How to make an Iced Rooibos Latte
The Rooibos Latte, known as a 'red espresso' or 'red latte' in South Africa, has long been a team favourite. We used to serve them regularly at our Tea Bar both hot and cold and now you too can make one at home.
Naturally sweet with warm vanilla notes, this refreshing iced latte is also both plant-based and caffeine-free.
What you need (makes 2)
- 2 x Rooibos tea bags or 2 heaped tsp Rooibos leaves
- 100ml boiling water
- 1 tsp of honey
- 300ml oat milk
- Plenty of ice
- Pour 100ml boiling water over the Rooibos tea and infuse for a minimum of 30 mins, then strain / remove the bags. This is your Rooibos concentrate.
- Add 1 tsp of honey while still warm and stir
- Prepare your glasses with plenty of ice
- Divide the Rooibos concentrate between the two glasses (50ml each)
- Top up with oat milk to taste (approx 150ml each)