How to Make Honey Orchid Oolong, White Chocolate & Pistachio Cookies
You may remember the White Peony madeleines topped with Rooibos creme fraiche that Ben Benton made for us earlier this month. Well, we're delighted to share that he's been back in the Good & Proper kitchen to whip up another sweet treat and these Honey Orchid, white chocolate and pistachio cookies are deliciously decadent.
White chocolate combined with creamy pistachio is a beautiful stand-alone combination, however the addition of our Honey Orchid oolong tea, which is bursting with orange blossom, apricot and honey notes, creates a mouth-watering cookie to suit even the sweetest tooth.
What you need
- 120g salted butter, at room temperature
- 75g light brown sugar
- 75g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Honey Orchid oolong tea, ground to a dust
- 1 egg
- 240g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g white chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- 50g salted pistachios, de-shelled and roughly chopped
- Start by combining your butter and sugars and beating to a smooth white paste.
- Add the vanilla, egg and ground tea and beat well to combine.
- Add the flour, bicarb, chocolate chips and pistachios, and beat furiously until you have a dough like mix.
- If you have time refrigerate this mix wrapped in cling film for 30 minutes, if not, press on.
- Cut or shape the cookie dough into golf ball sized rounds and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Press the cookies down slightly with the palm of your hand to flatten, and then place in the center of your hot oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack before eating, if you can bare to wait.