How to Make a Rooibos Latte
By Emilie Holmes
This winter we launched a new addition to the Tea Bar menu: the Rooibos Latte. Known as a 'red espresso' or 'red latte' in South Africa, where they feature on most coffee shop menus, our favourite new drink is naturally sweet, velvety smooth & delightfully caffeine-free. In fact we love it so much we've decided to share the recipe so you can make your own at home.
What you need
- 10g Rooibos
- 200ml water
- A teaspoon of honey
- 200ml of Oatly Oat milk
- First prepare your concentrate by brewing the Rooibos in water fresh off the boil for 10 minutes - you need it nice and strong.
- Strain the leaves & stir in a teaspoon of honey.
- For each latte, pour 50ml of your concentrate into a glass or mug.
- Heat the oat milk (we use a steam wand in the shop but heating it in a pan until it just starts to simmer will work just fine).
- Finally slowly pour the milk through the concentrate
- You can keep the remaining concentrate in the fridge for up to 3 days but we assure you it won't last that long...