The Big Iced Teaser 3.0
Thursday 2nd May - 6:30pm - Good & Proper Tea, Leather Lane, London - RSVP here
Iced Tea season is nearly upon us and that means it’s time to don your brewer’s hat in an attempt to create the most delicious iced tea recipe in all of London/the world.
What is The Big Iced Teaser?
Once a year we invite you, our brewers, partners and fellow Tea People to put your creativity to the test in brewing, muddling, blending and garnishing a summer Iced Tea recipe and to join us on the evening of Thursday 2nd May to present your recipe to our lineup of all-star judges.
Associations of Iced Tea in the UK are still largely limited to the sugary syrups and tea extracts found in cans across the country, but we know Iced Tea can be so much more. On our mission to show people how good tea can be, when it’s done properly, we believe tea can be elevated to the most refreshing of summer drinks.
That’s where we need your help. We’d like you to turn your hand to recipe testing - taking the incredible variety and spectrum of flavour tea offers as your starting point and elevating it to something even more delicious.
- £100 Cash Prize
- A year’s supply of Good & Proper Tea
- The winning recipe will be featured on goodandpropertea.com and featured in the Good & Proper Tea newsletter, plus all of our social networks.
How to Enter
- Limited places are available so please register your interest in entering by Sunday 14th April via email to email@example.com
- All final recipe entries must be submitted by 5pm on Friday 26th April by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries should include: a name for the drink, a text recipe + an image of the final drink. Recipes should also include all preparation & serving instructions.
- We’d like to see how your prep is going - shout about your recipe development on Instagram and help us to spread the excitement pre-competition.
There are no limits to what you can do here in terms of creativity - go crazy. Blend stuff, mix, hot brew, cold brew, use herbs, spices, fruit or whatever takes your fancy. The below criteria, however, must be adhered to:
- Each recipe must feature at least one Good & Proper Tea - a limited number of samples can be provided - please request these at email@example.com in good time.
- The drink must be able to be served in a hospitality context, either pre-batched or made to order.
- The drink must have a name.
- All submissions must be original creations.
- Only one submission per person.
- All ingredients should be readily available or made - homemade ingredients are welcomed, but must be easily replicable.
On the Night
On the night of 2nd May, you will be required to share your iced tea with our panel of 4 industry-expert judges (TBA). You will need to make up a finished version of the iced tea drink, as well as to produce a larger batch for the audience to sample.
Last year, Michaela and Ott representing Taylor St Baristas took the judges by storm with their City of Eternal Spring Iced Tea recipe. And in 2017, the team at The Peanut Vendor brought their iced tea A-game with the Jass Fusion. We can’t wait to see what you brew up this time around.
Join us at 6:30pm for a few hours of unadulterated good tea fun, a chance to toast the incoming arrival of summer, and to have your say on who takes the crowning glory as iced tea champion.
We’ll have expert judges from the tea, coffee and cold drink industry, tea cocktails plus a fully stocked bar and food to keep you fuelled.
The winner will be announced at the end of the evening and there will also be a special prize awarded for the winner of a People’s Vote where the audience will elect their favourite, so don’t forget to bring everyone you know…
The clock starts NOW.
Not entering but want to come along to support? Please RSVP here.