How to Make a Matcha Lime Cooler
Matcha lover or not, this intensely refreshing, luminous green iced tea is guaranteed to have you hooked. And if you’re still drinking it when the sun goes down, simply add a shot of rum to transform it into a delicious evening cocktail. Happy days!
Read the full recipe, or Watch our How To Video below:
What you need (per drink)
- 1 level tsp Matcha powder
- 30ml water (approx 80°c)
- 1/2 tsp agave or honey
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime
- 50ml soda water
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Lime for garnish
Our traditional, bamboo Matcha whisk is helpful here to ensure a smooth, lump-free drink, but is not essential. You’ll have to work harder with a fork or small whisk but they’ll do the job.
- Heat freshly drawn, filtered water to approx 80°c (flip the switch of the kettle before it reaches the boil) & then measure 30ml into a jug or pot
- Spoon 1 level teaspoon of Matcha into a bowl
- Add a splash of your hot water and mix until you have a thick, smooth paste.
- Add the rest of the water & whisk until the powder has fully dissolved (this step is key to a smooth, lump-free drink!)
- Prepare your Matcha as per Brewing Guide above
- Prepare a glass with ice, a wedge of lime & a good sprig of mint
- Pour your Matcha into a shaker with the lime juice & agave
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into your prepared glass
- Top up with soda water & enjoy!