How to make Chai Spiced Rum
For the perfect homemade Christmas gift, or one to keep in the cupboard for when unexpected guests pop round, we wanted to share the recipe for G&P Chai Spiced Rum - a recent creation from our head chef, Maisie.
Oh so simple to make, this one is a thoughtful-gifting winner, but it does need a couple of weeks to 'brew', so there's no time to lose...
What you need
1l white rum
150g cinnamon sticks
Mixed spices (mix all of the below together in a bowl)
60g crushed cardamom
25g fennel seeds
5g coriander seeds
30g vanilla essence
150g grated fresh ginger
1 orange (zest only)
2 tsp G&P loose leaf Assam
- Place the cinnamon sticks into the bottle and fill the space around them with the mixed spice and tea mix.
- Top up with 1 litre of rum
- Store in cupboard for as long as possible - the longer the infusion, the spicier it will be.
- 3-4 weeks should be ideal and be sure to give it a shake a couple of times a week.
- Strain and bottle the liquid and drink/present it as you wish.
- You can even re-use the spices in your next batch of mulled wine!